Coordinates his/her assigned area operations while providing motivation and direction to team leaders and team members that focus on safety, quality, efficiency and cost reduction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads a manufacturing system emphasizing teamwork, safety, training and discipline.
- Work with his/her Assistant Manager / Manager (and Quality Department where appropriate) to develop standardized work procedures by designing and/or documenting the best work sequence for each process.
- Utilize TPS techniques to standardize process/methods, identify waste, methodically eliminate waste and standardize the new process/methods.
- Directs floor activities through consistent application of TBBP to assure all aspects of manufacturing are effective and correct sub-standards.
- Coordinate safety, quality, productivity and cost improvement projects.
- Responsible for maintaining training matrix for team leaders and/or team members, assuring training is effective and correcting sub standard performance.
- Understand and execute all TBIN policies and procedures consistently.
- Must coordinate hiring and placement of team members with his/her Assistant Manager.
- Be proactive in predicting abnormalities and finding innovative solutions to correct.
- Use key performance indicators as a method of continuous improvement.
- Daily production performance tracking
- Other duties as assigned
- Coordinates communications between shifts.
- Delegates appropriate authority and responsibilities to the Team Leaders.
- Develops employee relations centered on trust and teamwork.
- Demonstrates a personality that works in cooperation with other departments towards building a sense of company teamwork.
- Shows positive supervisory skills by actively nurturing staff and leading by example.
- Focuses on continually improving interpersonal skills as outlined during performance review.
- Attends all required training as outlined on TBIN training matrix.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a group environment.
- Strong organization and planning skills required.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
Degree and/or related experience preferred.
Apply online or apply in person Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 7pm
Toyota Boshoku 1698 S 100 W Princeton, IN 47670