Operates and maintains equipment in a manufacturing environment. Responsible for meeting plant targets for safety, quality, efficiency and cost reduction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works in a manufacturing environment emphasizing teamwork, safety, training and discipline.
- Following standardized work procedures and work sequence for each process.
- Works with team to improve standardized processes/methods, identify waste, methodically eliminate waste and standardize the new process/methods.
- Directly responsible for performance of assigned work area.
- Works in a team environment on safety, quality, productivity and cost improvement projects.
- Complete all working documentation, records and reports as requested.
- Understand all company policies and procedures.
- Be proactive and reactive to resolve abnormalities in the process.
- Use key performance indicators as a method of continuous improvement.
- May lead or direct Team Member activity.
- Focuses on employee relations centered on trust and teamwork.
- Demonstrates a personality that works in cooperation with other team members towards building a sense of company teamwork.
- Focuses on continually improving skills as outlined during performance review.
- Attends all required training as outlined on training matrix.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a group environment.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Basic math skills are required.
Education and/or Experience:
One to two years experience in a manufacturing environment;
High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
The employee needs to be capable of working on their feet for long periods of time and occasionally will be required to lift up to 30 pounds.
This position is a typical manufacturing environment with a high noise level that will require ear protection.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.