JOB FUNCTION AND SKILLS
- Supervise Manufacturing department group leaders, team leaders, and team members for assigned area.
- Provide leadership and motivation to direct reports in manufacturing system that emphasizes safety, quality, customer satisfaction, accuracy, productivity, cost reduction, housekeeping, efficiency, training, teamwork, and morale.
- Coordinate and supervise all manufacturing activities and related functions for assigned area(s)/shift to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure manufacturing operations are running effectively in the areas of safety, quality, efficiency/productivity, cost, and team member morale.
- Conduct daily manufacturing production area audits to ensure procedures for safety, quality, equipment, and training are being followed and all aspects of manufacturing are effective including correcting sub-standards.
- Lead development of Group Leaders in the consistent application of the TB Way and Toyota Boshoku Business Practices (TBBP).
- Implement short and long term corrective actions for manufacturing problems.
- Ensure all departmental procedures are compliant with quality and environmental management systems and programs.
- Monitor daily build sheets and analyze efficiency rates and downtime to ensure customer requirements are being met.
- Develop and maintain positive team member relations centered on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and harmony.
- Ensure further development of group leaders, team leaders, and team members through performance evaluation, development of training plans, feedback, coaching, corrective action, and cascade training. Update team member training matrix and schedule any needed training.
- Ability to teach group leaders, team leaders, and team members in basic fundamental skills and facilitate Job Instruction Training (JIT).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field required, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Greater than 6 years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment required, preferably automotive.
- Greater than 2 years of leadership experience as supervisor in a manufacturing environment required.