JOB FUNCTION and SKILLS
- Plan, develop, implement quality systems to ensure plant parts meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for investigating, analyzing, containing, and correcting quality problems related to final customer products.
- Serve as liaison between plant and its customers/suppliers providing quality related technical assistance in the investigation, containment, and resolution of quality problems.
- Work with the Manufacturing department to initiate effective containment, investigation, and countermeasure activities to prevent further outflow in-house and to customer.
- Manage and maintain quality assurance documents including quality assurance plan, tool progress report, evaluation plan, inspection standards, supplier and customer quality standards, Supplier Quality Assurance Manual (SQAM), Quality Assurance Standards (QAS), Process Flow, Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Manufacturing Quality Chart/Control Plan (MQC/CP), Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR), etc.
- Oversee and support service part quality issues and warranty claims as necessary.
- Experience creating PPAP and Manufacturing Quality Chart (MQC) documents.
- Experience with manufacturing processes, tooling, quality control methods, and statistical process control (SPC).
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand engineering documents such as automotive drawings (component, assembly, and equipment), technical standards, design specifications, general tolerances, critical characteristics, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), Engineering Change Instructions (ECI), Prototype Parts Requests (PPR), and color instructions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Greater than four (4) years of relevant experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of industrial inspection experience. Automotive experience preferred. Additional trade education and Quality certifications are preferred.