Directs Team Leaders and other Team Members in assigned manufacturing area in the execution of the group’s responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor and track staffing conditions, work hours and overtime, job rotation, and absenteeism.
- Responsible for managing and appraising team member job performance and recommending corrective action.
- Support the Quality Manager and overall plant quality system.
- Establish and maintain quality standards that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Communicate customer or supplier quality issues to manufacturing, production control, and quality control departments.
- Initiate effective containment and investigation activities to prevent further quality problem/defect outflow in-house and to customer.
- Effectively communicate with customers and/or suppliers to resolve quality problems.
- Investigate and countermeasure internal quality defects to improve plant processes.
- Ensure proper quality processes and procedures are followed and maintained plant wide.
- Work with all departments and all levels of management to promote quality.
- General understanding and practical work experience with automotive quality systems and processes.
- General understanding and working knowledge of inspection standards and check fixtures.
- Basic math and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to work with multiple departments and prioritize activities.
- Ability to read instruction manuals, blue prints, and specifications.
- Ability to plan, supervise, and perform functions of assigned areas.
- Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization in a team environment.
- Strong organization, time management, and planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Ability to teach team leaders and team members in basic fundamental skills and facilitate Job Instruction Training (JIT).
- Associate’s degree required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three years of relevant manufacturing experience required.
- Minimum two years of leadership or supervisory experience required.
- Automotive industry experience preferred with parts production, quality, or production control experience a plus.