General Summary: Support launch activities to assure SQAM documents are created and quality levels meet customer expectations. Manage ECI implementation by communicating all department expectations and schedules.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review new product design. Coordinate each phase of the quality control/assurance activities of new and existing projects to ensure product quality, schedules, and time frames for meeting customer requirements.
- Collect information and research data related to quality standard requirements to comply with customer requirements.
- Analyze and provide input regarding quality of raw materials, purchased parts, and other items required to manufacture automotive interiors parts and components.
- Review material lists of conformance to company standard practices in regard to parts and materials used.
- Analyze processes for improvements, failure modes, stability, and capability.
- Manage and maintain quality assurance documents including quality assurance plans, tool progress reports, evaluation plans, inspection standards, supplier and customer quality standards, Supplier Quality Assurance Manual (SQAM), Quality Assurance Standards (QAS), Process Flow, Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Manufacturing Quality Chart/Control Plan (MQC/CP), Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR), etc.
- Serve as liaison between plant and its customers/suppliers providing quality related technical assistance in the investigation, containment, and resolution of quality problems.
- Receive and review ECIs, PCR, and ISIR and maintain status.
- Service, support and warranty
- Disseminate ECI information to all departments.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Manufacturing, or related field required, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Experience: Greater than six (6) years of relevant experience required.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multitask, manages diversity, and facilitates problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills required.
- Good assertiveness and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand inspection standards.
- Hands-on, self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
- Ability to maintain records and files and prepare recaps and reports.
- Ability to maintain on call flexibility to control abnormal conditions
- Ability to create excellent working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work a fixed or rotating shift schedule, including daily or weekend overtime.
- Ability to multitask, manage diversity, and facilitate effective problem solving and resolution
- Auto CAD experience is desirable.
Language Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Computer/Software: Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
Plant: Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc. may be required in engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply.
Physical Demands: Ability to sit and work on a computer for extensive periods of time is required. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time. May be occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member. EOE