All full-time team members receive an excellent benefits package including comprehensive health care with medical, dental, 401(K), and more starting after 30 days. PTO (paid time off) benefits and 13 paid holidays per year are given to all full-time team members.
Quality Control Manager: Oversees the quality control operations during the designated shift which includes maintaining the overall plant quality system. Directs the Quality team in assigned manufacturing area in the execution of the group’s responsibilities. Manages group (manufacturing line, cells, or area) as an operational unit and responsible to accomplish company goals and targets in accordance with all company policies, manufacturing standards and methods, and quality standards for safety, product quality, customer satisfaction, accuracy, productivity, cost reduction, housekeeping, efficiency, training, teamwork, and morale.
- Essential Job Functions:
- Manages all aspects of quality.
- Acquires and maintains required certifications.
- Responsible for department personnel.
- Support and development of documentation to support customer & internal requirements.
- Analyzes processes for continuous improvements and failure modes.
- Negotiates appropriate quality levels with customers.
- Analyzes processes for stability and capability.
- Maintains both supplier and customer quality standards.
- Reports and presents quality information including quality improvement plans.
- Countermeasure activities for quality issues.
- Interprets company policies to team members and enforces safety regulations.
- Responsible for overall quality team performance.
- Performs quality audits.
- Primary contact for all supplier, internal, and customer related issues.
- Develops and maintains SQAM documents such as QAS, Process Flow, PFMEA, MQC/CP, etc.
- Builds strong relationships with customers, suppliers, production, management and all team members.
- Analyzes in-process defects, investigates root cause and develops countermeasures.
- Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably automotive.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a manager.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions of a leadership role.
- General understanding and practical work experience with automotive quality systems and processes.
- General understanding and working knowledge of inspection standards and check fixtures.
- Must be able to work a fixed or rotating shift schedule, including daily or weekend overtime.
- Thorough understanding of company product, trade terminology, quality management and control systems and techniques, manufacturing processes including material controls, work flow, scheduling, kanban, machine operation, and company policies as standards.
- Basic math and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Ability work with a dynamic team and demanding customer(s).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
- Ability to work with multiple departments and prioritize activities.
- Ability to read instruction manuals, blue prints, and specifications.
- Ability to plan, supervise, and perform functions of assigned areas.
- Ability to maintain on call flexibility to control abnormal conditions.
- Ability to be flexible in a constantly changing production environment.
- Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, handle diversity, and provide leadership through problem resolution.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt available skills and equipment to respond to unforeseen demands and/or problems.
- Ability to implement plans to control and maintain safety, quality, 5S, cost, and efficiency for assigned areas.
- Strong organization, time management, and planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Ability to teach team leaders and team members in basic fundamental skills and facilitate Job Instruction Training (JIT).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
- Work Environment/Conditions:
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
Plant: Various types of manufacturing environments.
- Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level.
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, Kevlar sleeves, hearing protection, etc. may be required in designated engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply.
- Involves moderate or occasional presence of some slightly disagreeable conditions, i.e., cold, dust, heat, odor, etc.
Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing and is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.