Quality Control Assistant Manager – Days
JOB FUNCTIONS and SKILLS
- Support and development of documentation to support customer & internal requirements.
- Negotiates appropriate quality levels with customers.
- Maintains both supplier and customer quality standards.
- Responsible for overall quality team performance.
- Primary contact for all supplier, internal, and customer related issues.
- Builds strong relationships with customers, suppliers, production, management and all team members.
- Analyzes in-process defects, investigates root cause and develops countermeasures.
- General understanding and practical work experience with automotive quality systems and processes.
- General understanding and working knowledge of inspection standards and check fixtures
- Ability to read instruction manuals, blue prints, and specifications.
- Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt available skills and equipment to respond to unforeseen demands and/or problems.
- Strong organization, time management, and planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Ability to teach team leaders and team members in basic fundamental skills and facilitate Job Instruction Training (JIT).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Business, or related field required, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Greater than 6 years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment required, preferably automotive.
- Greater than 2 years leadership experience as supervisor in a manufacturing environment.