Responsible for meeting plant targets for safety, quality, efficiency and cost reduction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads a production tam emphasizing teamwork, safety, training and discipline.
- Assist in the development of standardized work procedures by designing and/or documenting the best work sequence for each process.
- Work in a manufacturing environment emphasizing teamwork, safety, training and discipline.
- Promote safety, quality, productivity and cost improvement projects.
- Assist in maintaining training matrix, assuring training is effective and correcting substandard performance. Work with team to improve standardized processes/methods, identify waste, methodically eliminate waste and standardize the new process/methods.
- Train new team members by breaking down standardized work and being a resource for assistance until job is mastered.
- Be proactive in predicting abnormalities and finding innovative solutions to correct
- Direct and facilitate quality improvement activities as coach or mentor to the team members
- Perform production readiness confirmation and post shift checks
- Use key performance indicators as a method of continuous improvement.
- Daily production performance tracking
- Coordinates communications between shifts
- Develops employee relations centered on trust and teamwork
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word.
- Strong organization and planning skills required
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree in Management or related Manufacturing field; or equivalent 3+ years of experience in production/manufacturing environment leadership