Essential Job Functions:
- Provide direction and motivation to group leaders focusing on safety, quality, efficiency, cost, and morale.
- Conduct daily manufacturing production area audits to ensure procedures for safety, quality, equipment, and training are being followed and all aspects of manufacturing are effective including correcting sub-standards.
- Lead development of Group Leaders in the consistent application of the TB Way and Toyota Boshoku Business Practices (TBBP).
- Implement short and long term corrective actions for manufacturing problems.
- Monitor daily build sheets and analyze efficiency rates and downtime to ensure customer requirements are being met.
- Lead Manufacturing supervision for assigned areas/shift in utilizing TPS techniques.
- Support development and management of annual plan, budget, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), operating efficiency, and cost control
- Ensure further development of group leaders, team leaders, and team members through performance evaluation, development of training plans, feedback, coaching, corrective action, and cascade training. Update team member training matrix and schedule any needed training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field required, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Greater than 6 years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment required, preferably automotive. Greater than 2 years of leadership experience as supervisor in a manufacturing environment required.
- Thorough understanding of company product, trade terminology, quality management and control systems and techniques, manufacturing processes including material controls, work flow, scheduling, kanban, and equipment and machine operation.
- Working knowledge of automotive industry equipment and production systems.
- General understanding and practical work experience with manufacturing systems and processes.
- Strong leadership skills and ability.
- Excellent problem solving and people skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution