Support the manufacturing areas and maintain the overall Toyota Production System with a focus on minimizing down time, increasing productivity, and coordinating preventative maintenance activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assign and support activities of team members engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Train and coach team members, in performance, setups, trouble shooting, continuous improvement, and maintenance and repair operations.
- Develop standardized work procedures by designing and/or documenting the best maintenance work sequence for each piece of equipment or tooling.
- Evaluate and analyze problems involving machinery and equipment and coordinates repair of tools and machinery. Participate in frequent evaluation of machines, tools, equipment, etc.
- Maintain daily and/or frequent communication with upstream and downstream groups/areas and support departments to ensure efficient and stable operations in a team-based environment. Coordinate communications between shifts for assigned area(s).
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations, PPE requirements, and company safety policies and procedures.
- Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding and working knowledge of skill areas including electrical, electronics, fabrication, hydraulics, injection molding, mechanical drives, pneumatics, robotics, stamping, welding, assembly and conveyor systems, and PLC programming.
- General understanding and working knowledge of manufacturing and assembly equipment and tooling including design, automation, robotics, or manufacturing processes (and all secondary related processes) relating to automotive interiors.
- Ability to troubleshoot and track equipment issues to perform root cause analysis and correct issues with equipment suppliers.
- Ability to adapt available skills and equipment to respond to unforeseen demands and/or problems.
- Strong organization, time management, and planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
Associate’s degree in Maintenance, Industrial Technology, or related field required; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant maintenance experience required.
- Minimum two (2) years of leadership or supervisory experience preferred