Provide education, training, and development programs and activities that will enhance team member growth as well as encourage the pursuit of productivity and quality. Understands training needs of plant team members and deploy training programs which will fit and support the unique team member plant environment. Also performs a variety of complex and routine administrative, technical, and professional HR functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports the design, development, implementation and completion of programs, projects, and activities to ensure shop floor team members are educated, trained, and developed to their fullest potential.
- Coordinates or assists with the development and delivery of technical, shop floor team member training and development curriculum, including soft skill development in plant settings.
- Conducts training audits in plant departments to assess training effectiveness.
- Schedules and tracks technical training program requirements and effectiveness, ensuring close communication with all plant shareholders.
- Coordinates and assists with the administration and delivery of training processes for new hires (Orientation and Onboarding).
- Supports the organization and development of training room(s), multimedia visual aids, testing and evaluating procedures, and other educational materials.
- Coordinates and monitor training room(s) and area(s).
- Maintains training records and documents.
- Ability to effectively present training information to production team members.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels.
- Ability to take initiative on assigned tasks without significant supervision.
- Be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information s/he encounters.
- Excellent presentation, delivery, and facilitation skills; ability to engage an audience.
- Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports in charts, graphs, and table format.
- Must be able to multi-task, handle diversity, and provide guidance through problem resolution.
- Solid working knowledge of, and experience with, word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail, database, desktop publishing, and presentation applications and/or software, preferably Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Human Resources or Organizational Development, Training, or Learning related degrees preferred.
- Greater than two (2) years of progressive HR work in a training and development capacity and academic preparation or (4) years of relevant experience in a multi-faceted production environment. Multi-site manufacturing setting experience preferred.
- Experience in facilitating technical skill training in manufacturing settings preferred.
- Experience at an Automotive OEM and/or Tier 1 supplier to Japanese automaker helpful.