Human Resources Assistant Manager – Days
JOB FUNCTIONS and SKILLS
- Lead plant HR staff in performing a variety of complex and routine administrative, technical, and professional HR functions including policies, programs, and procedures to ensure stable team member relations, productive work environment, and company goals and objectives.
- Provide direction and motivation to HR staff focusing on safety, quality, efficiency, cost, and morale.
- Direct the work of HR staff by assigning/re-assigning projects and areas of responsibility.
- Ensure further development of HR staff through performance evaluation, development of training plans, feedback, coaching, and cascade training.
- Ensure that TBA, Company, and HR policies, practices, and procedures are properly and consistently administered and lead to fair and consistent treatment of team members.
- Lead and assist HR Staff in administration of compensation and benefit programs and other team member services (e.g., voluntary purchase discount programs, company uniforms, (etc.) that support Company philosophy, profitability, and success.
- Lead in the maintenance and management of specialized human resource information and measurement/reporting systems.
- Perform specialized technical tasks, such as benchmark evaluation, technical research, and labor trend analysis.
- Prepare reports, graphs, charts, and statistical analyses, and participate in presenting reports and proposals to senior management.
- Provide leadership and assistance to employment and recruitment processes for filling hourly and salaried positions with internal and external personnel due to attrition, promotions, and transfers.
- Plan, direct, and support community and public relations efforts and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- PHR or SPHR designation preferred.
- Greater than six (6) years of relevant human resources generalist experience. Manufacturing setting experience preferred.
- Greater than two (2) years leadership experience as supervisor in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in creating presentations and delivering to large groups.