JOB FUNCTION AND SKILLS
- Develops, coordinates, and implements manufacturing processes, procedures, and techniques including process improvement activities to improve overall efficiency, product quality, productivity, and profitability in accordance with company and customer requirements.
- Create and manage project budgets.
- Develop process and production preparation plans for new automotive products.
- Coordinate equipment modifications including scheduling, part procurement, advanced production planning, maintenance requests, trailing and trouble shooting.
- Research, develop and implement new manufacturing methods and techniques in order to optimize manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Prepare, track and implement countermeasures against quality, safety and productivity problems.
- Maintains specified records, files and documentation.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the principles and theories of manufacturing and industrial engineering.
- Must know the requirements and procedures for the start up and introduction of new products into the manufacturing process.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of automotive plants and processes/principles, company products, trade terminology, manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment, and machine operation.
- Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports.
- Must be able to compile information and report that information to the appropriate people in the organization in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Greater than four (4) years of relevant experience required.
- Extensive experience with robotics tuning, electrical and PLC trouble-shooting.