Utilize the Toyota Production System and engineering skills to perform production engineering functions for production processes. Develops, coordinates, and implements manufacturing processes, procedures, and techniques including process improvement activities to improve overall efficiency, product quality, productivity, and profitability in accordance with company and customer requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and manage project budgets.
- Develop process and production preparation plans for new automotive products.
- Coordinate equipment modifications including scheduling, part procurement, advanced production planning, maintenance requests, trailing and trouble shooting.
- Research, develop and implement new manufacturing methods and techniques in order to optimize manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Prepare, track and implement countermeasures against quality, safety and productivity problems.
- Maintains specified records, files and documentation.
- Organize, schedule and plan all phases of machine building process.
- Assemble related equipment per specified drawing, CAD, or verbal instructions
- Validate all assembled equipment by internal run off and plant sign off
- Assist with internal changes or modifications to existing equipment
- Provide training to plant or vendor personnel after completion of machine and installation at plant.
- Meet weekly with program management to ensure schedule and timing of project is meeting expectations
- Supply machine bill of material, spare parts and other requested documents for service and repair
- Practical knowledge of Toyota systems and terminology.
- Basic knowledge of cost structures.
- Able to read component, assembly, and equipment drawings.
- Basic understanding of the industrial equipment and manufacturing processes relating to automotive interiors.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the principles and theories of manufacturing and industrial engineering.
- Must have an understanding of ergonomic principles and company safety procedures, regulations and requirements.
- Must know the requirements and procedures for the start-up and introduction of new products into the manufacturing process.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of automotive plants and processes/principles, company products, trade terminology, manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment, and machine operation.
- Advanced math skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong problem solving experience.
- Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports.
- Strong organization, planning, scheduling, and analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask and facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to function both independently and with good judgment in a team environment.
- Ability to collect and organize data in an orderly fashion so that it can be accessed and used for future programs.
- Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Outlook, Internet, etc.).
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- Automation Experience preferred
- PLC Experience required
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Greater than four (4) years of relevant experience required.
- Extensive experience with robotics tuning, electrical and PLC trouble-shooting.