JOB FUNCTION AND SKILLS:
- Ensure compliance with current OSHA, and other Federal, State, and Local agencies as they pertain to Safety and Environmental issues.
- Develop, implement and manage safety programs and procedures that will reduce frequency and severity of personal injuries. Ensures plant is in compliance with all applicable laws. Strong customer service orientation
- Conduct training and coaching for management and team members on safety and environmental issues pertaining to their specific position and job duties in support of appropriate laws, TBA safety standards and procedures.
- Perform security and disaster protection activities. Creates appropriate safety standards. Conducts tests and audits of system. Promptly informs senior management of any problem areas. Make corrections as necessary.
- Perform periodic environmental/safety and compliance audits for facility.
- Strong leadership skills and ability
- Demonstrate a personality that works in cooperation with other departments towards building a sense of company teamwork.
- Demonstrate positive management skills through leading by example and actively developing staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five (6) years of relevant experience in manufacturing environment required
- Minimum of three (2) years of leadership experience as supervisor in a manufacturing environment required
- No corrective action above Documented Discussion
- Must be in current role for 2 years.