JOB FUNCTION and SKILLS
- Troubleshoot electrical issues related to HMIs, robotics, vision systems, motors, etc.
- Develop electrical and programming standards used for new equipment development.
- Design, implement, maintain, or improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, or systems for manufacturing purposes.
- Direct or coordinate manufacturing, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Calculate design specifications or cost, material, and resource estimates, and prepare project schedules and budgets.
- Work with machine vendors to follow the developed electrical and programming standards.
- Work on the production floor to improve manufacturing processes and eliminate machine
- Work directly with PE on plant and equipment improvement projects, new equipment installations, equipment and process upgrades and cycle time improvements, research and development of new processes and new product launches.
- Effective time management skills.
- Programming knowledge of PLC, HMI, Robotics, and Vision Systems, i.e. AB, Mitsubishi, Cognex, Keyence, Denso types.
- High analytical ability to breakdown unusual and difficult problems.
- Ability to understand and recommend facility power distribution including conductor sizing.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of automotive plants and processes/principles, company products, trade terminology, manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment, and machine operation
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Greater than six (6) years of relevant experience