General Summary: This position supports critical cross-cultural communications, training, and relational development, and executive administrative support for TBIN plant Team Members, Management, and company Executives. The position requires execute the delivery of high level, professional, administrative services and expertise that require in-depth knowledge of the assigned functional area for Senior Management and Executives. This position will provide bilingual and cross-cultural communication, translation/interpretation as needed, relational development and mediation between American and Japanese leadership to enhance cohesive work environment within the TBIN leadership team, local community, and TB America & TB Japan working groups to ensure clear communication and collaboration.
Essential Job Functions:
|· Provide timely support to President and/or other Executive Management for: travel plans, processing expense reports, approving expense reports, full plant calendar management, meeting scheduling & coordination, and report development
· Work directly with HR Manager and Executive leadership regarding cross-cultural communications and advice in working with American and Japanese leadership to ensure improved relationship/partnership of TBIN, TBA, TBJ leadership; support in identifying and raising up culturally related concerns to ensure appropriate response, communication, or training is provided.
· Manage communication between Toyota Boshoku Japan and Toyota Boshoku Indiana’s Management through companywide meetings, documents, publications including translation, interpretation, follow-up, cultural consideration/explanation, and training as needed.
· Translation during multiple Executive meetings.
· Document translation from Japanese to English and English to Japanese to ensure clear understanding and nuance communication.
· Create well written speeches and plant communications for President and/or other Executive Management.
· Anticipate Executive’s needs, make recommendations and act accordingly to ensure timely response to need, concern, or plant issue.
|· Interact with internal and external customers in a professional manner; communicate across all levels of the organization (local, group companies & globally).
· Support TBIN Executive working with community to enhance Corporate Social Responsibility and enhance cross-cultural Public Relations and promote Toyota Boshoku core company values and philosophy within the plant and community.
· Assist in coordination of plant Corporate Social Responsibility activities, events, in which TBIN Executive for plant is involved, to maintain and enhance community engagement.
|· Company Meetings & Events – Plan, coordinate, ordering materials, orchestrate events and meetings including Executive events.
|· VISA & Travel Preparation – Gather data and submit to Consulate to obtain VISAs; train other team members for requirements and process. Assist in administration support for travel and entertainment policies.
|· Provide computer & technical support and assist with problem solving (executives and team members), as needed. Promote technological recommendations to improve communication and efficiency.
|· Budget – Process and approve invoices for President and Senior Management, interact with A&F for budget preparation and reporting, prepare and maintain monthly reports for management.
|· Conduct Administrative meetings and trainings, understand issues, report matters of concern to management, make recommendations and maintain contact for on-going support.
|· Provide personal assistance to President/Executive Management, and Visitors/Coordinators/Trainees, as needed to ensure culturally sensitive and considerate hospitality. (Examples include but not limited to: maintain company vehicles, relocation assistance, and apartment/housing organization, assist language/interpretation/benefits appointment set up, and coordinate repairs for personal residences.)
· Support for annual Global Company programs and activities such as but not limited to: Hoshin Vision Sharing, Toyota Boshoku designated monthly themed activities (such as Ethics month), Eikaden Race (held in Japan), Skills Competition, Quality Circle, etc. This position will support plant side organization, communication, and implementation of the event(s) also coordinating communications/activities between TBA/TBIN/TBJ and Team Member’s involved in the event.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s degree in General Business or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Greater than two (2) years of relevant experience required.
- Prior experience working as an administrative assistant for executive level management.
- Understanding of Japanese and America cultures.
- Understanding of Toyota Culture, Toyota Way and TB Way.
- Understanding of Executive Management’s expectations.
- Ability to Integrate US and Japan culture to perform job.
- General business knowledge.
- Excellent translation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, ambitious self-starter.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple work schedules and calendars.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Able to work in a fast paced, multicultural work environment.
- Ability to maintain and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer service orientation with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to function both independently and with good judgment in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work efficiently within time constraints and deadlines, and handle stressful situations.
- Understanding of automotive manufacturing.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to perform role with a Kaizen mind.
- Ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action.
Language Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Japanese required. Ability to clearly communicate tone and nuance in verbal and nonverbal communication between American and Japanese leadership to promote clear understanding of language and cultural thinking during leadership communications.
- ERP System experience (Oracle preferred).
- Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).